In 2004, the first year of an international scientific conference called “Efficiency and Responsibility in Education” took place, organized by the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague. It aimed to discuss the key topics in the area of education mentioned on the homepage. Throughout the years, the conference has been successfully entrenched in the schedule of international scientific conferences dealing with education and it always takes place in the Czech Republic. It has also acquired a stable range of participants both from the Czech Republic and abroad.
After four successful years, the frame of the conference became insufficient for its specific purposes. Thus, a scientific journal, i.e. “The Journal on Efficiency and Responsibility in Education and Science” (the ERIES Journal) was founded at the beginning of 2008. Actually, the ISSN number was assigned on March 26, 2008. The aim of the journal extends from “Education” to “Education and Science” in order to compare and enhance the ways of efficiency measurement and the reflection of responsibility criteria in more scientific disciplines, particularly in:
- the theory and methodology of pedagogy and education;
- the theory and methodology of science;
- human resources and human relations management;
- knowledge management and knowledge engineering;
- systems engineering and information engineering - applications in education and/or science;
- quantitative methods for education and/or science.
The ERIES Journal is managed by an international editorial board as a regular scientific journal. A web-based submission system clearly enables a rigorous process of paper review (a double blind-peer review). The journal is published electronically four times a year, on March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31 of the current year.
ERIES Journal is now indexed in:
- BASE - Bielefeld Academic Search Engine;
- Directory of Abstract Indexing for Journals;
- Directory of Open Access Journals;
- Directory of Research Journal Indexing;
- EBSCO database;
- Emerging Sources Citation Index - Web of Science™ Core Collection
- ERIH PLUS;
- the list of reviewed periodicals in the Czech Republic;
- Open Academic Journals Index (OAJI);